What is Homelink Technology?
Built into select new Chevy models, Homelink technology is a universal home remote control system that gives you the power to sync your electronics wirelessly. This smart system puts the power into your hands:
- Open your garage gate on the way back from Tyler
- Activate your home security system before you leave for Longview
- Flip on your home’s lighting system and appliances from the driveway of Marshall
Not only is this high-tech system convenient, but it’s also user-friendly. Anyone can learn how to customize the features and program the remote like a pro! Let’s take a look at what is Homelink and how can it make your life easier:
Chevy Homelink Features
Whether you drive a brand new Chevy Impala or a Chevy Traverse, you’ll enjoy the same fantastic benefits:
- Ease of Use: Just press a few buttons to connect your vehicle to your home in a matter of minutes.
- Battery-Free Operation: Your Chevy is the power source for your Homelink system, which means you’ll never worry about swapping batteries.
- Safety and Security: The system will alert you when features are in use, so you get instant feedback if the garage door opens. Plus, you can access features like lights and security remotely.
- Wide Compatibility: This universal system will work with nearly any garage door opener or gate system on the market, along with tons of different radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Multipurpose Use: Feel free to program up to three different devices into your system.
How to Program Your Garage Door Opener
What is Homelink programming? It’s the simple way to sync your Chevy with your home’s devices. Just follow these steps:
- Grab your garage door opener and get into your vehicle.
- Look for the Homelink unit on the ceiling of your car. Press and hold the first and third buttons until the car lights flash. This is known as master reset.
- Once the lights begin to flash, press and hold the button that you want to program while pressing the garage door opener. The lights will begin flashing more rapidly to let you know the sync is complete.
- Go into the garage and find the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Get back in your vehicle and hold the programmed button. If the lights on your opener flash, it means you have successfully programmed the devices.
Learn More about Homelink with Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat
Now that you know what Homelink is, why not experience the features in person? Visit Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat in Longview to learn more about Chevy technology or contact us with any questions. Want to learn more about Chevy safety tech? Discover Chevy Teen Driver Technology to keep the new drivers in your family safer than ever!
More From Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat
The new 2020 RAM 1500 can tow a maximum of 12,750 pounds when properly equipped, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* distinction. Ready to get work done with your new light-duty truck in Tyler? Learn more about what the RAM 1500 towing capacity can do for you. RAM 1500 Overview RAM 1500 for Sale…
The 2020 Jeep Cherokee offers Longview drivers the opportunity to upgrade their daily commute to be more comfortable and more connected with the world around them. The perfect combination of form and functionality, the Jeep Cherokee is the ideal vehicle for Tyler drivers who need the capability of a Jeep with the comfort of an…
If you’re looking for a truck with serious towing power, the 2020 RAM 2500 is designed from the ground-up to take on any Longview task. Many drivers wonder, “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?” The RAM 2500 can be used to tow heavy-duty equipment on the jobsite or it can tackle a DIY project…