Performance, Towing, and Fuel Economy
Under the hood of the 2017 Ram 1500, you’ll have three different engine options to choose from, each of which send their power to either a rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive system. They are as follows:
- 3.6L V6 – The base engine on the Ram 1500 is a 3.6L V6, which comes standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission and produces a capable 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. EPA estimates on this engine reach up to 25 mpg highway and 17 mpg city. With this powertrain setup, the Ram 1500 can tow up to 7,610 pounds when properly equipped.
- 5.7L HEMI V8 – Move up to the 5.7L HEMI V8, and you’ll enjoy 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. That’s enough power for this powertrain to tow up to 10,640 pounds with a proper setup. Fuel economy comes in at an EPA-estimated 22 mpg highway and 15 mpg city.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 – For those looking for max fuel economy and torque, the turbo-diesel 3.0L V6 engine puts forth 240 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque while achieving an EPA-estimated 29 mpg highway and 21 mpg city. On a properly equipped model, it can tow up to 9,210 pounds.
Trims and Features
The 2017 Ram 1500 is available in an extensive array of trim levels, allowing you to choose the model that precisely meets your budget and desires.
- Tradesman – Starting at $26,295 MSRP, the base Tradesman trim is offered with a variety of utility features, including a seven-pin wiring harness, a Class IV receiver hitch, and a locking tailgate. It is completed with vinyl upholstery, cruise control, and 17-inch steel wheels.
- Express – Starting at $27,695 MSRP, the next trim in the lineup comes with stylish additions like 20-inch alloy wheels and carpeted floors inside the cabin. You’ll also get a grille and bumpers that match the color of the body.
- SLT – Starting at $31,095 MSRP, the SLT trim steps you up to the next level of tech with Bluetooth® phone and audio and a 5-inch touchscreen with satellite radio. It also comes with keyless entry and full power accessories.
- Big Horn – Starting at $33,295 MSRP, the Big Horn adds a remote start system, an 8.4-inch touchscreen with Uconnect® Access infotainment, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and smartphone app integration. It also gets dual-zone climate control and a remote start system.
- Sport – Starting at $36,395 MSRP, the Sport trim offers a variety of upgrades, including LED taillights, a standard V8 engine, and available options like sport transmission gearing and a limited-slip differential.
- Laramie – Starting at $39,795 MSRP, the Laramie provides you with luxurious flourishes like leather upholstery, wood cabin trim accents, heated and ventilated front seats, power front seats, and much more.
- Rebel – Starting at $44,995 MSRP, the Rebel is an off-road oriented version of the Ram 1500 that comes decked out with Bilstein shock absorbers and all-terrain tires.
- Laramie Longhorn – Starting at $49,195 MSRP, the Laramie Longhorn builds off the Laramie trim with keyless entry, push-button start, remote start, front and rear parking sensors, upgraded leather seats, and a hard-drive based navigation system.
- Limited – Starting at $52,395 MSRP, the top trim level takes you into the stratosphere with an even more refined level of leather upholstery in the cabin, an adaptive air suspension, automatic high beams, and side-step bars for easy entry.
When you opt for the 2017 Ram 1500, you’ll have three different cab options to choose from: a Regular Cab with two doors and seating for three, a Quad Cab with four doors and seating for six, and a Crew Cab with larger rear doors and seating for six. Depending on the setup you choose, you’ll get a truck bed measuring 5’7”, 6’4” or 8′.
Get More Done in the 2017 Ram 1500
Ready to take your pickup driving experience to the next level? Then set up a test drive of the 2017 Ram 1500 at Peters Chevrolet Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat. You can visit our showroom, located at 4181 US 259 N in Longview, TX, and you can also contact us online or by phone at . We look forward to helping you find the Ram pickup truck you’ve been looking for!