What are the RAM 1500 Towing Capabilities?
The RAM 1500 towing capabilities offer Tyler drivers access to the power and control they need, no matter of the job at hand. Explore the features that make this a top choice for a “do-all truck”, then drop by Peters CCJDRF and see why we think you need a RAM 1500 if you’re serious about work and play.
RAM Towing Highlights
Whether you’re heading to Marshall for some building supplies or you’re off for a day of outdoor adventure, the RAM 1500 can help you bring all the gear you need:
- Gas Capability: Drivers can choose from a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine that delivers 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque or the 5.7L HEMI V-8 engine for 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with up to 10,620 pounds of towing capability.
- Diesel Power: The available 3.0L Eco-Diesel V6 engine generates 240 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. This engine delivers best-in-class fuel economy of as much as 27 mpg/highway and an available towing capacity of as much as 7,920 pounds.
If you’re looking for even more towing power, read about the RAM 2500 towing capacity with Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat.
Other Performance Perks
Powerful engines are only part of the story. Longview drivers can also look forward to a variety of innovative features that make controlling your cargo that much easier too:
- Torqueflite Transmission: The standard eight-speed automatic transmission with Thermal Management System optimizes transmission fluid temperature for improved control and reduced wear.
- Hill Start Assist: The advanced hill start system detects when the vehicle is on an incline and maintains brake pressure for a few seconds after the driver releases the brakes. This extra braking support prevents the vehicle and its load from rolling backward.
- Integrated Trailer Hitch: The standard integrated hitch system connects the truck’s frame to the trailer for better weight distribution and safer, more secure connection pulling power.
- Factory Installed Wiring Harness: A four and seven-pin trailer hitch wiring harness with bumper integration provides additional peace of mind and lets drivers connect and get on the road faster.
- Trailer Sway Control: The system monitors the trailer’s travel and can automatically apply individual brakes or reduce engine power to better control unruly cargo.
Test Drive a RAM 1500 Today!
Get behind the wheel of a RAM 1500 and explore towing capability that is sure to impress. Schedule your drive at Peters CCJDRF. Contact us today or visit our showroom Longview. Apply for financing online to start the process today.