2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity & Towing Features
Are you based in Tyler or Gilmer and in search of a strong truck that can take on any job you throw at it? The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at a whopping 12,200 pounds, and it’s honestly hard to beat that. Let the experts at Peters Chevrolet Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat walk you through everything this powerful truck has to offer and learn all about the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing features below!
2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can be equipped with five formidable engines, with gas and diesel options, each having its own maximum towing capabilities. Take a closer look at the engine options for the Chevy Silverado 1500 below:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: For the Silverado 1500’s base-level standard engine, you’re provided with 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, giving the truck a maximum towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This available engine for the Silverado 1500 provides 285 hp and produces a best-in-class V6 torque output of 305 lb-ft. The towing capacity for this engine clocks out at 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: When you equip the 2019 Silverado 1500 with this V8 option, the truck gets up to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, lifting the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity up to 11,600 pounds!
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The strongest engine in the bunch, this 6.2L V8 produces 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, allowing drivers to tow up to a whopping 12,200 pounds!
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: When outfitted with this turbo-diesel option, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow up to 9,400 pounds while producing 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The 2019 Silverado 1500 can tow heavy loads, but it also comes equipped with a handful of additional towing features that help make towing and hauling even easier on Marshall streets. Take a look at the additional features below, including towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado drivers to optionally equip on their model:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500 and includes a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver.
- Optional Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado: As an option, drivers can choose to include towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks to help with safer towing no matter where you’re going.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: As an option on some configurations of the Chevy Silverado 1500, the Max Trailering Package adds upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and more.
Find the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 for Sale at Peters Chevrolet Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat!
Like what you’ve read about the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing features and capacities? We think you’ll like the truck even better when you come to our Longview dealership and experience this great vehicle in person. Contact us for more information, take a look at our available inventory of the Silverado 1500 – including our used Chevy Silverado inventory – and then be sure to schedule a test drive with your favorite model today! Need a truck with even more towing power? Read about the RAM 2500 towing capacity with Peters Chevrolet Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat.