2020 RAM 1500 Gas Mileage
Just because you need a pickup truck with real performance power and broad capability, doesn’t mean you have to burn money at the gas pump. Thanks to a new optional EcoDiesel V6 engine, the 2020 RAM doesn’t make you choose between strength and efficiency. Of course, you’ll also see impressive MPG rates on the standard 3.6L Pentastar® V6 with eTorque across the board of RAM 1500 configurations. Whether you need it for weekend chores around Tyler or serious hauling, there’s a RAM 1500 to fit your needs. Read on to explore the RAM 1500 gas mileage for all available models.
2020 RAM 1500 Fuel Economy Overview
Winnsboro drivers have their choice of four different performance-ready engines on the new 1500. 2020 sees the addition of the innovative RAM 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 engine, which delivers exceptional torque, reduced carbon dioxide emissions, and a best-in-class 29 highway mpg. Check out performance specs for all four gas and diesel engines paired with 4×2 or 4×4 RAM truck beds:
- 3.6L EcoDiesel V6
- Fuel Efficiency (4×2): 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4×4): 21 mpg city/29 mpg highway
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 15 mpg city/21 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway
On top of great MPGs, further improvements to tho EcoDiesel V6 mean it now comes with a lighter block, improved cylinder-head breathing, and a more efficient turbocharger. The result is a bump up to 260 horsepower and an impressive 480 lb-ft of torque.
What Is eTorque?
One crucial piece of the RAM 1500 fuel economy and performance is the eTorque system. If your RAM engine is equipped with eTorque, it will be using a 48-volt belt-driven motor that’s powered by a battery, rather than an alternator. Put another way, you’re actually looking at a mild hybrid system — on a work truck! While that might surprise some drivers, the result is increased payload, towing capacity, and 130 lb-ft of supplemental torque. Of course, an environmentally-friendly higher EPA fuel economy rating doesn’t hurt, either.
RAM 1500 MPG Efficiency Systems
The 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage is the result of several different efficiency systems, working together to earn a remarkably high EPA rating for a pickup truck:
- TorqueFlite™ 8 Transmission: Standard on the 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 and 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 available with the 5.7L HEMI® engine, TorqueFlite™ eight-speed automatic transmission delivers maximum efficiency and performance by adjusting shift points.
- Design: The 2020 RAM 1500 sports sleek bodywork and roof design, plus an elevated hood to lower its drag coefficient.
- Suspension: Class-exclusive air suspension enhances the 2020 RAM fuel efficiency, improves ride and provides greater off-road capability, load-leveling and entry/exit convenience.
- Active Air Dam: Standard in the RAM 1500 Rebel and non-air suspension models, this class-exclusive air dam lowers once the truck reaches 30 miles per hour.
Browse Our 2020 RAM 1500 Models
Head over to Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat just outside Longview, where the all-new 2020 RAM 1500 models have arrived. You can also check out our full RAM inventory, and contact us to schedule a test drive. You can even learn how the RAMBox® Cargo Management system will improve your RAM 1500 cargo needs. We hope we’ll be helping you find your perfect RAM 1500 soon!
More From Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat
The Buick Encore gives Tyler drivers the option of four different trims levels, each bringing their own unique blend and creating a different kind of driving experience. You can find these exciting features on any of the vehicles in our Buick Encore inventory here at Peters Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat. Take a look at the different Buick Encore trim…
The new 2020 RAM 1500 can tow a maximum of 12,750 pounds when properly equipped, earning it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* distinction. Ready to get work done with your new light-duty truck in Tyler? Learn more about what the RAM 1500 towing capacity can do for you. RAM 1500 Overview RAM 1500 for Sale…
The 2020 Jeep Cherokee offers Longview drivers the opportunity to upgrade their daily commute to be more comfortable and more connected with the world around them. The perfect combination of form and functionality, the Jeep Cherokee is the ideal vehicle for Tyler drivers who need the capability of a Jeep with the comfort of an…