2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs. 2017 Nissan Titan
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2017 Nissan Titan
For folks in Tyler and Kilgore looking for a pickup truck that can meet their driving demands, performance and towing capacity are two criteria that will likely appear at the top of their list. The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers best-in-class numbers in both of those categories, but some drivers may still find themselves drawn to the 2017 Nissan Titan. For this reason, we’ve compiled some highlights of both vehicles in order for you to determine which of these pickups is the best one for your driving needs. After you’ve done your research, you can test drive the new Silverado 1500 at Peters Chevrolet Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat in Longview, TX.
Are you looking for a pickup truck that can handle the biggest jobs? If so, you will want to choose the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 over the 2017 Nissan Titan:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – The Silverado 1500 is offered with a robust 6.2L V8 engine, which comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission and produces a best-in-class 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. That’s enough power for this full-size pickup to tow up to a class-leading 12,500 pounds when equipped with the Max Trailering Package.
- Nissan Titan – The only available engine on the Titan is a 5.6L V8, which comes with a seven-speed automatic transmission. This engine only allows the Titan to put forth 390 hp and 394 lb-ft of torque, and unfortunately there’s no version of this pickup that can tow over 10,330 pounds.
If you want to save money on gas while still accomplishing some heavy lifting in your truck, the Silverado truly is better suited for your needs:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – With the base 4.3L V6, the Silverado is able to get up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg highway and 18 mpg city. Move to the 5.3L V8, and you’ll still be able to get up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg highway and 18 mpg city. Even with the powerful 6.2L V8, the Silverado still sees fuel efficiency that reaches up to an EPA-estimated 21 mpg highway and 15 mpg city.
- Nissan Titan – The Nissan’s only available 5.6L V8 powertrain isn’t able to get above an EPA-estimated 21 mpg highway and 15 mpg city.
On top of all that, the Chevy Silverado 1500 still comes in at a more accessible starting price than the Nissan Titan:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – MSRP from $27,585
- Nissan Titan – MSRP from $29,580
Finance the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 Today
What more proof do you need? The 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 is now ready to be made yours at Peters Chevrolet Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat, serving drivers in Tyler and Kilgore at 4181 US 259 N in Longview, TX. Our doors are open for sales and test drives Monday through Saturday. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us! Our great financing makes it easier than ever to take home a new Silverado 1500.